½ day Fire Marshal (Venue & In-house)
Half day - usually 9.00am - 12.00pm or 1.00pm -4.00pm
Maximum course size: 10
Training courses are held at clients' own premises. The course aims to teach delegates basic aspects of dealing with smoke and fire emergencies occurring in the workplace. Courses may be adapted to suit individual company requirements. The degree of practical activity will be dependent on the location.
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the regulations governing employers' and employees' legal responsibilities in respect of fire safety
- Understand the measures necessary to reduce the risk of fire and limit its spread
- Recognise equipment used in the prevention and control of fire
- Take correct action when a fire is discovered
- Understand the actions necessary to take care of their own and others' safety
- Recognise additional procedures that individual premises may require, due to conditions peculiar to that location
- Take responsibility for organising evacuation of staff and visitors to safety
- Take a roll-call
- Recognise and use the correct fire-fighting appliance appropriate to the fire type
- Understand fire safety and hazard-spotting techniques in the work place.
The course is suited to all employers and employees who have responsibility for fire safety under the requirements of the Fire Precautions Act and the Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a 'Fire Safety Training' Certificate which is valid for three years, provided that continuation training in fire precautions, fire fighting equipment and evacuation procedures has been undertaken at least annually. The certificate should be signed on the reverse by a responsible person e.g. a safety officer.
Download the ½ day Fire Marshal course profile as a PDF
Course profiles are in PDF format - you may need to download Adobe Reader to be able to view them.