Manual Handling Training (1/2 Day)
Private Courses Available
Our half-day manual handling training course teaches the best practices in manual handling to minimise the risk of accidents and injury.
For some staff, moving loads may be a key part of their job. However, many employees can find themselves having to occasionally pick up and manoeuvre heavy loads in virtually any working environment. That’s why manual handling training is so important to ensure that they use the correct techniques whilst being aware of the most serious dangers.
After all, it only takes one use of a poor technique to result in a long-term injury which could keep employees out of work for weeks or months whilst making the employer potentially liable for damages. As a result, many employers recognise the need to train their staff about correct manual handling techniques.
This face-to-face manual handling training offers a hands-on experience and is ideal for employers that recognise manual handling as high risk in their workplace.
This course covers techniques to minimise the risk of injury from lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying, and reflects the requirements of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (amended 2002).
Topics covered in the course include:
- Correct technique to carry out safe manual handling
- Anatomy and physiology – manual handling risk factors and how injuries can occur
- Manual handling risk assessment
- Record keeping
- Safety legislation
- Statistics on workplace injuries
The course will include practical examples which allow the trainer to identify and correct any actions the delegate(s) is not undertaking safely.
Conforming to Legislation
If your workplace risk assessment highlights the need for training, then this course meets the requirements laid out in the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (amended 2002) to show that you have been responsible in providing the correct training.
Our manual handing course can also be used as evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for an IOSH Health & Safety Training Qualification.
Upon successful completion of the course, each learner will receive a manual handling training certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Why Choose Manual Handling with Safety First Aid Training?
- One of the UK’s leading training schools – established 1959
- Visit our classes in London, or we can provide training at your workplace
- The course meets all H&S guidelines and is suitable as CPD for IOSH
- Regularly updated so you always get the latest knowledge and skills
- Expert manual handling tutors with real experience in the field
- A friendly and supportive learning environment
View our available courses below or contact us about training at your venue