Emergency Paediatric First Aid - RQF Level 3 (1 Day)
Check available dates below
This 1 day paediatric first aid course is a Level 3 RQF Award and teaches you how to provide the highest standard of emergency first aid to children you may be responsible for.
The guidelines between first aid for adults and children differ in some places, which is why this course is designed to teach the latest first aid skills which have been especially adapted for children to minimise dangers to them and improve their chances of survival in a serious emergency.
As well as giving learners the skills and confidence to deal with life-threatening situations, they will also receive knowledge in how to deal with illnesses and injuries which can occur with children, including bleeding, asthma, burns, choking, fractures, soft tissue injuries, head injuries and more.
Our first aid for children training course covers first aid protocols for children under the age of 8 years old.
This full day course includes course materials, expert tutoring and practical exercises to give learners in-depth training on the following topics:
- Aims & principles of first aid
- Responsibilities of the first aider
- Basic life support (CPR)
- Wound and bleeding (inc. head injuries)
- Anaphylaxis & Auto-injector use
- Diabetic emergencies
- Head injuries
- Electric shock
- Bones, joints and muscle injuries
- Eye injuries
- Effects of heat and cold
Upon successful completion of the children first aid course, each learner will receive emergency first aid for children certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Why Choose Paediatric First Aid Course Training With Safety First Aid Training?
- One of the UK’s leading training schools – established 1959
- Visit our classes in London, or we can provide training at your workplace
- The course meets all H&S guidelines and best practices
- Regularly updated so you always get the latest knowledge and skills
- Expert child first aid tutors with real experience in the field
- A friendly and supportive learning environment