There are a few important aspects to take into account when there’s a virus outbreak such as the one happening at the moment with the coronavirus known as COVID19. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has the following guidelines to help you protect yourself:
- Covering your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing with a medical mask (FFP3 standard), tissue (dispose of by flushing down toilet), or into a flexed elbow.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is unwell.
- Using appropriate masks (FFP3 is recommended), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to prevent transmitting the virus.
- JUST WEARING A MASK DOES NOT GUARANTEE PROTECTION.
- Washing your hands regularly, for at least 20 seconds, with soap and water.
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Stay home when you’re sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
How to wash your hands effectively:
Check out our blog post on using a face mask properly.