Evacuation Chair Training (1/2 Day)
Private Courses Available
About the Course
This half-day evacuation chair training course teaches your colleagues how to swiftly use an evacuation chair whilst keeping the operator and evacuee as safe as possible.
During a serious incident such as a fire, every second counts. Any unnecessary extra time spent trying to figure out the correct procedure for the evacuation chair increases the risk of injuries or worse.
This half-day evacuation chair training course teaches your learners how to quickly and safely use an evacuation chair so it becomes second nature to them in the event of an evacuation. Theoretical learning and a practical session will teach learners how to quickly open the chair, adjust it, secure the evacuee inside and then transport them to safety. Manual handling will also be taught to ensure that the chair operator uses the correct lifting techniques to minimise the risk of injuring themselves whilst operating the chair.
To make our evacuation chair training course even more relevant, we provide a practical training session using your own evacuation chair so learners understand the model they are likely to encounter in an emergency.
This 4 hour course includes course materials, expert tutoring and practical exercises to give learners in-depth training in the following:
- Chair operation (practical)
- Manual handling
- Anatomy & physiology
- Record keeping
- Accident statistics
- Workplace injury statistics
- Safety legislation
- Risk assessments
Upon successful completion of the course, each learner will receive an evacuation chair training certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Why choose evacuation chair training with Safety First Aid Training?
- One of the UK’s leading training schools – established 1959
- We provide training at your workplace
- The course meets all H&S guidelines and best practices
- Regularly updated so you always get the latest knowledge and skills
- Expert evacuation chair tutors with real experience in the field
- A friendly and supportive learning environment
On Site Training
This course is exclusively carried out ‘on-site’. The benefits of conducting training at your premises include:
- Courses are tailored to the employees’ work environment, objects and lifting aids
- Two-way feedback during the course to answer any queries delegates may have
- Guidance on best practice techniques
- A suitable evacuation chair must be made available onsite for the practical element of the course.